Designing and manufacturing a glovebox is a skilled task, one which NIS has perfected during our 30 consecutive years in the industry, providing 100+ containments.
Currently engaged on both design and manufacture work packages for modern glovebox systems, we apply the latest techniques to ensure safe operation, a functional process and an efficient manufacture.
There are a number of key requirements for a glovebox but perhaps the most important is its protection of the operator, product or environment.
NIS is trusted by our clients to provide this protection through our ability to:
- Efficiently fabricate containment 'shells' to the required tolerances
- Produce a finish which allows easy decontamination
- Manufacture leak free window frames and windows
- Prove leak integrity through a robust testing regime
Operating and maintaining a process within a restrictive containment space is also key and requires specialist engineering skills which NIS have developed to be a core in-house capability.
Our in-house engineering skill allows us to:
- Select and modify Commercially Off The Shelf (COTS) items
- Develop bespoke mechanical handling systems
- Complete all ancillary electrical power / distribution and service panels
- Carry out a full range of tests; ergonomics, sharps, full functional